Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Movie 6 A Virus Called Fear

Day 6

Movie 6 Day 6 (Dec. 5th - 5/12/2012)

Movie title: A Virus Called Fear

Description of movie: Fear is apparently a universal emotion; all persons, consciously or unconsciously, have fear in some sort. In short, fear is the ability to recognize danger leading to an urge to confront it or flee from it. Very few people understand the programming of fear, and why it distorts our perceptions. While fear is a program used for our survival, fear also creates irrational beliefs that cause larger systems of fear like politics, religion and the media. A Virus Called Fear is short film about the conditioning of fear, and what irrational fears can lead to.


IMDB rating: 7.1

Pretty okay documentary, nothing extraordinarily special about it as I hoped, all it really did for me was just wonder if half my actions were based on an anxiety type of fear, and look at my general fears deeper. I guess for me though, I don't fear too much, so it's harder to connect with this movie as someone might if they had a lot of fears or phobias. Good documentary for its length none the less.

-NegativePoints1


I was told quite a bit on Reddit to check out some documentaries if I wanted to watch really thought provoking things. Problem is, I've watched so many psychological documentaries it's hard to find one I haven't seen yet that I just might be interested in. So I'm going to try it out for a few days anyway, see where it takes me

No comments:

Post a Comment